Linux as a Server for Games

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Jul 28 14:48:16 MST 2008

Am 28. Jul, 2008 schwätzte Patrick C so:

> I'm going to be throwing a LAN party celebrating my birthday next weekend,
> and I recently reinstalled the operating system on my old PC to use it as a
> server for the party. As a result, I'm in the process of once again setting
> up several servers (in the software sense) on the machine. I'm wondering if
> there's significant interest within PLUG for me to put together some guide
> documentation and maybe a presentation. I'm also willing to do something for

A presentation would be awesome! I'm not a gamer, but would love for us to
have more info on game playing using GNU/Linux.

> the client side, because all of the games at the party are playable on
> Linux. In fact, I've been Linux-only at every LAN party I've attended or
> hosted in the past year. Anyhow, here are the game servers I'm setting up:

Cool. I know a person or two who wants to talk to you about this for their
LAN parties.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  Learn OpenOffice.org - http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes/BPC110.html
#  I only eat free-range vegetables that were hunted down and slain by