Ubuntu and Compiz Fusion

Ed plug at 0x1b.com
Mon Jul 21 20:41:59 MST 2008

Compiz-Fusion should run the Emerald screen decorator - you need to 1)
make sure you don't have two sets of packages fighting over which runs
your desktop* 2) need to configure Compiz-Fusion to run the Emeral
decorator, and pick an Emerald theme. Do you have the CCSM to manage
Compiz-Fusion. Search YouTube for some very good tutorials.

*on Fedora the Compiz-Fusion that worked wasn't the one that got
installed from the Fedora repositories. I think this may be fixed as
the alternative repository was actually being run by a commiter to the
main Fedora repositories - or they just became more formally an extras
repo...