MMORPG

stu wien33 at cox.net
Tue Jul 15 13:34:38 MST 2008

On Tuesday 15 July 2008 3:29 pm, Dazed_75 wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:17 AM, stu <wien33 at cox.net> wrote:
> > I'm not much of a gamer myself, but Ultimate Linux (based on Ubuntu) has
> > their "Gamer Edition" that uses something called Wine Doors that pretty
> > much installs Eve, WOW, and a bunch of other games with a few clicks. I
> > have the 64 bit edition running on a Turion X2, and it's one of the
> > slickest distros I've ever played with.
> >
> >        Stu
>
> I couldn't seem to find this distro in a first search.  Then I went to
> distrowatch and tried searching there.  I found
> http://ultimateedition.info/ and suspect this is the one you are
> referring to.  Can you verify that?
>
> Larry

	Absolutely! The developer (Thee Mann) calls it "Hearty Hotrod". I haven't
done much with the 32 bit version, but I found the 64 bit version easier to
work with following these steps:
	1. Install
	2. Install the updates from the update icon (top left of screen)
	3. Configure video drivers from EnvyNG in the Applications > System Tools
menu, and then bring up the Compiz icon to configure that (same menu)
	4. Run the Update icon, choose either normal or gamer edition - both of them
have "Wine Doors" installed, but the gamer edition includes Nexuiz, America's
Army, and more FOSS games as well. Choose to listen to the music, and
Timidity midi player will also be installed
	5. Enjoy!

	Note that on the 64 bit version than there is no 64 bit Flash, and some 64
bit drivers (esp. wireless) aren't quite ready yet.

	That being said, I hope that the CLI types here aren't too offended with
my "Drag 'n' Drool" instructions! I love dropping into the CLI every now and
then, myself!

	Stu
--
Microsoft needs people who can do as they're told...
GNU/Linux needs people who can TELL as they DO!