windows SUCKS!!!

Charles Jones charles.jones at ciscolearning.org
Fri Jul 4 03:30:34 MST 2008

This is the second time I have composed this email. The first subject
was a bit more diplomatic. I was writing an email to share a post (
http://blog.sontek.net/2008/06/30/windows-hater-in-response-to-linux-hater/
) that I read about the failings of MS-Windows. Ironically in the middle
of typing the email *on my windows machine*, I got a BSOD followed by an
immediate self-reboot! It was like it *knew* that I was dissing windows
:) To add to the irony, after my machine rebooted, my onboard NIC did
not exist according to the OS, so I couldn't get back online until I
shut down and rebooted.

My first draft said something along the lines of, that after reading the
article I have to agree with most if not all of the points made.
Installing drivers is a bit easier than he makes out, but maybe only
because I have a lot of experience with using (and fixing) windows machines.

So, I'm leaving my new email subject intact, as it reflects the
frustration that Windows causes me probably on a weekly basis. I don't
recall ever wanting to break things to relieve stress of running Linux,
or worry that it will randomly pull the carpet out from under me like
Windows apparently can and will at any given moment.

</rant>