Flamebait

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jan 31 20:05:51 MST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 19:55 -0700, JT Moree wrote:

> Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> >> not the place for it
> >
> >   Then what is?
>
> Alright, I'll take the flamebait.
>
> I don't care what your politics are.  Maybe I agree with your assessment
> of Bush.
>
> I agree with you when you say that this forum is NOT the place for it.
> But you do exactly the opposite of what you preach by 'banging your
> drum'.  Then you tell the rest of us that it's not the place for it--as
> if the rest of us should listen to you but it's OK for you to do it.
>
> I'm now fanning the flames to prove a point.  You sir, are a hypocrite.
----
I think that given the right circumstances, we all are hypocrites so I'm
not sure what the ultimate point was.

The discussion covered the ground of the notion that a degree doesn't
necessarily prove anything and I amplified with further proof of that
argument.

The second post was to amplify the notion (at least in my mind), what
truly represents flamebait. It's not as if I use the PLUG list to
advance my own personal political views because if I did that, you would
certainly know it.

Craig