Semi-OT: Referral for Linux-friendly accountant

Harold hmichels01 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 26 21:15:39 MST 2008

Vaughn,

I know you have been looking for a solution to your problem for a while.
Could you please clarify your goals and the resources you have?

Are you trying to get your data out in a clean format so that you can
use it in another application?

What platform are you running your QB99 on?

Have you examined your data to see what sort of format it is in? Is it
ASCII text or has it been encrypted?

A am presuming you can access uncorrupted data through the application
itself.

Can you export it as any other format?

I have a dim recollection going back many years of writing a program to
convert a raw ASCII data stream into a QB format. It would have been
about the time frame you are dealing with. I would have to do some
research to see if I have some of the resources available. I did some
research and it looks like QB implemented a portion of Sybase's SQL
system into their product.

An easy or successful outcome will depend on where in the cycle your
data is.

Harold