Question about Virtual Machine systems

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jan 13 14:07:46 MST 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 13:42 -0700, Joseph Sinclair wrote:
> This is a pre-WGA version of Windows XP (Unlike Vista, XP doesn't have WGA built in, it's an addon), so it's not a matter of "Authorization", it's a matter of getting the VM setup right, if that's possible.

----
I'm obviously not capable of providing the answer you want so I will bow
out except to say that my understanding of WGA is that it is used for
software updates and it appeared after the installation of WinXP SP2.

I refused to work on a computer that had WinXP and couldn't install SP1
because it wasn't authorized. I saw little reason for her to continue to
try to use the computer without purchasing a license.

The facilitation of 'authorization' for WinXP was included in the
initial release and has not changed.

Craig