Ubuntu 7.10 can't keep wireless up

fouldragon at aol.com fouldragon at aol.com
Sun Jan 13 11:38:32 MST 2008

Isn't wifi-radar just a front-end which lets you set the iwconfig
options more easily?

The options are correct at least somewhat, because it IS connecting for
a short time-- it just won't stay connected.

And incidentally, the Ralink official drivers (device name rt0) provide
no net gain over the standard ones-- same error, just slight
improvements in that it sometimes will now show a signal-strength gauge.