how to fix a unix shell script to work on linux

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Sat Jan 12 22:06:38 MST 2008

On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 09:59:09PM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> That really smacks of a GNU sed bug to me.  I just tend to think that
> something like this would have been discovered a long time ago and so
> perhaps we're just using it incorrectly.

First, nice work pinning it down a bit more! :)

This is surely an issue with GNU sed, as my BSD sed does not have this
issue (old & new stuff both work as expected). It's interesting that
you're getting different results than the original problem. Different
versions of GNU sed, perhaps? If so, then the "issue" is still mutating.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/