OT: open source/ hardware video recorder in NY Times

chip33az at netscape.net chip33az at netscape.net
Mon Jan 7 13:45:36 MST 2008

I guess I'm confused at this...

I have basic cable from Cox.  I have brought up a SageTV machine but
don't have a tuner card yet.

Am I hearing that I can get the HDHR, connect it to the cable coming
into the apartment and then use SageTV to tune and record from it?

What other costs for Cox would I have?  Do I need to upgrade the service?