OT: open source/ hardware video recorder in NY Times

Charles Jones charles.jones at ciscolearning.org
Mon Jan 7 13:27:15 MST 2008

I recently pre-ordered the newer model of this
http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/products/4100sh.aspx
I'll post a review once I get it (week or two).

My minimum requirements were:
* 1080P playback
* Video playback of h.264 .mkv files w/subtitles
* Video playback of DIVX and h.264 .avi files
* Audio playback of MP3, OGG, FLAC, AAC
* Ability to stream files from either an NFS or SMB share
* Decent support - seems to have as they often update the firmware
Being able to record is not a big deal to me, but turns out you can
record HD ATSC with an additional $99 ad-on tuner which enables the PVR
functions (assuming you also add a SATA HDD).