Jan topics proposal

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 12:41:56 MST 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 12:59 PM, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:
> moin moin,
>
> I proposed two different topics and we have two meetings. Providence :).
>
> I suggest we cover alternative infrastructures at the east side meeting
> and alternative platforms at the west side meeting. I'm presuming we can
> count on David's proposal to cover a couple of things at the west side
> meeting.
>
> alternative infrastructures:
> http://www.pulseaudio.org/
> http://www.compiz.org/
>
> Do we want to include stuff like elilo? DRBD? Heartbeat?
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/elilo
> http://www.drbd.org
> http://linux-ha.org
>
> alternative platforms:
> fink
> DarwinPorts
> http://xlivecd.indiana.edu/
> http://portableapps.com/
> FreeDOS
> http://www.opensourcewindows.org/
> http://theopendisc.com/
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  https://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.CiscoLearning.org/
> #  "Lie detector eyeglasses perfected: Civilization collapses."
> #   -- Richard Powers

It all looks like it should be of interest to someone.  And much of it
is to me though the items more suitable to a corporate environment are
less so for us retired folk.

I wonder how many people attend both east and west meetings versus
those of us who live so far east or west that we choose to only attend
one side.  I would hate to miss too much just from not wanting to
drive so far to go to the other.  OTOH, I am sure those who attend
both would not like to see too much duplication.

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and