csync2

Kurt Granroth kurt+plug-discuss at granroth.com
Sat Jan 5 23:14:18 MST 2008

Wayne Davis wrote:
> What about "BackupPC"?

Ah, BackupPC... the backup solution that's too cool by halves and too
complicated by thirds.  Or something.

BackupPC is a wonderful solution for backing up multiple similar
workstations to one central backup server.  BUT, it is a veritable bear
to setup.  And it sometimes works in ways that I don't quite understand.
 Although, maybe I just need to read some some more docs.

Anyway, I got it 99% working a month or so ago and it definitely slick.
 It compresses and pools all of the backups so you can backup multiple
workstations with similar content (same source files, for instance) at a
 fraction of the space that would be needed with a simple solution like
 rsnapshot.

That 1% that's not working is confounding me, though...

Kurt