Jan topics?

Chris Gehlker canyonrat at mac.com
Thu Jan 3 20:05:23 MST 2008

On Jan 3, 2008, at 4:27 PM, DarkElf109 wrote:

> n the alternative platforms note, Mac users can use Fink [0] and
> DarwinPorts [1] to get binary and/or compiled open source programs. If
> there's interest, I could probably do a short demo on them at the
> West side
> meeting (no guarantees for East side). It probably won't be more
> than 15 or
> 20 minutes, since it's not a terribly deep topic, but it's good for
> people
> who don't know it's there.

Why not a presentation on Open Firmware, EFI and elilo? There is more
stuff there and it is something people must understand at least
somewhat to run linux on their Macs.
--
The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a
proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and