Sccts guy contradicts RIAA document

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Thu Jan 3 10:48:42 MST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 23:36 -0700, Matt Graham wrote:
> From: Alan Dayley <alandd at consultpros.com>
> > Craig White wrote:
> >> You can count on local news to completely botch the story - CNN too.
> > I don't like to watch the news.  Nearly any story on any topic that I
> > have some knowledge about, they get wrong somehow.  So, if that happens
> > every time with things I have knowledge of, how can I trust them for
> > things for which I don't have corroboration?
>
> Aye.  The purpose of TV is not to inform or entertain, it is to deliver
> your eyeballs to advertisers.  The programs are not the product, *you*
> are the product, and your attention is being sold to people at $25K for
> 30 seconds.  Newspapers are similar, but there's less money in paper,
> so they've cut copy editing to icanhascheezburger.com levels and replaced
> fact-checking with trying to make sure they won't be sued.  Note that
> it's *difficult* to convey The Truth to Joe Sixpack.  As such, it's no
> wonder that the mission of the media has changed from "Deliver the truth"
> to "Deliver what sells".  Some say that this has always been the media's
> mission.
>
> So, with all traditional media channels suspect, I have to get all my
> news from only reliable sources:  The Internet and small children.
> This has led me to believe that the only hope for the nation is to
> elect representatives from the Monster Raving Loony Party in 2008.
----
5 days after Washington Post published the story, the Arizona Republic
finally figured out that there was a story here...

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0102music0103ON.html

Of course, they are still trying to figure out what the story actually
is...fear not, they missed it completely.

Craig