Sccts guy contradicts RIAA document

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Jan 3 00:43:09 MST 2008

Am 02. Jan, 2008 schwätzte Alan Dayley so:

> Craig White wrote:
>> I gather this story got lots of traction today - someone told me that he
>> saw CNN carry the story this morning but I saw none of it and just got
>> home myself.
>>
>> You can count on local news to completely botch the story - CNN too.
>
> I don't like to watch the news.  Nearly any story on any topic that I
> have some knowledge about, they get wrong somehow.  So, if that happens
> every time with thing I have knowledge of, how can I trust them for
> things for which I don't have corroboration?

I generally agree, especially since I often catch incorrect information
about topics on which I have almost no knowledge.

> Rather than sit there frustrated and wondering if the "news-tainment"
> they are delivering is correct, I just don't watch.

I generally don't either, but I happened across this while looking for
something else :).

The reason I mentioned it on list is because the guy being sued made the
claim that he didn't intentionally share any music, which contradicts the
document from the Atlantic's lawyer.

The section C of the document from Atlantic's lawyer starts off with "It
is undisputed that Defendant..." Well, he just disputed it.

I don't have near enough information to know whether or not the guy was
sharing music or if Atlantic might have standing for whatever music he
might have been sharing. I do now know he's disputing Atlantic's claims.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and
#  write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." -- Alvin Toffler