What the RIAA really said.

Chris Gehlker canyonrat at mac.com
Tue Jan 1 15:04:32 MST 2008

On Jan 1, 2008, at 12:20 PM, Craig White wrote:

> not really...it's obvious that kazaa thinks that all folders are
> shared
> folders and links in folders like 'My Music' automatically.
>
> you can easily observe the process for yourself even without Kazaa -
> which is why I referrenced both Amarok and Picasa

I still think you're making this way to complicated. I am not a Kazaa
user and my use of Amarok didn't give me any insight into how Kazaa
works. I'll take your word for it that it is possible to share files
inadvertently with Kazaa but this is *not* what the RIAA is asserting
Howell did. According to the article, they say he deliberately put
songs ripped from CDs into his Kazaa shared folder.

--
Vegetarians eat Vegetables, Humanitarians frighten me