putty (was Re: vpn)

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at compunetconsulting.com
Tue Feb 12 10:40:28 MST 2008

You don't need putty on a linux box as OpenSSH is installed.  Depending
on your distro, the server may not be running or not even installed.
For example, if you're running Ubuntu or Debian, you'll need to ensure
that openssh-server is installed (apt-get install openssh-server) since
I *think* that the desktop doesn't install it by default ...

Once that's done, all you need to do is put 192.168.1.# in putty and
away you go.

-Mike