LFS nuts anyone? Here is another "nut" :)

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 16:10:55 MST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 3:32 PM, kitepilot at kitepilot.com
<kitepilot at kitepilot.com> wrote:
> If you are an LFS freak, I want your input.
>
> In my (control freak) quest to own the "Ultimate" Linux, I have devised a
> script that creates "packages" as you build LFS, and then it can be used to
> manage the machine by installing or removing "packages".
>
> A "Package Manager" of sorts, but that's an over-ambitious classification.
>
> You can download "install.sh", which will present you a "configuration file"
> for you to edit, and will build for you an LFS machine.
>
> The machine you will get (with "dbg" packages) will mirror an LFS machine as
> if you had follow the book, and it comes with build scripts and build logs.
>
> Nuff said, If you've made it this far is because you are probably another
> LFS freak, please give it a test drive at http://www.kitepilot.com/LFS/
>
> I've written a lot of documentation, most of your questions will be answered
> there.
> Let me know what you think!
> Enrique
>
> PS: Sometimes the scripts may be broken, it's a work in progress...

I tried and got a significant way through the LFS book but found I was
not learning enough to justify the time.  Since my sole purpose in
doing this was learning more about how Linux works, I set the project
aside thinking I might come back later and try again.  If I can find
some time it might be instructive to look at what you have done.
Another possibility is that it might remove some of the drudgery and
still let me learn.

Thanks for the effort.  I wish I could give you some feedback now
since that seems to be your immediate goal.

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and