Directory Permissions & SECURITY

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Mon Dec 1 15:15:43 MST 2008

If you want Apache to be able to serve those files on your webserver, you are going to need to match whatever they are set for via  a good chown/chmod to be sure that apache (or nobody) has permissions.

It's generally a BAD IDEA to leave that WEBSERVER directory group (or even user) writable.

So, you might use the /tmp directory to upload the files, then move them over and chmod/chown to match current permissions using a root or sudo account.

If you contact me offline with a directory file example, I can send you the command you will need to use.

www.Obnosis.com |  http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Citations:obnosis |
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=obnosis (503)754-4452
Catch the January PLUG HackFest!   Kristy Westphal, CSO for the Arizona Department of Economic
Security will provide a one hour
presentation on forensics.