[Fwd: Rejected email connections after GMail move]

SI - e1-p2hc-8m8q-79xs at emailias.com
Wed Aug 20 10:26:17 MST 2008

I use Gmail with IMAP access and use GMail's SMTP for outgoing messages.
Works fine for me on Cox.  Thunderbird client.

http://lifehacker.com/software/email-apps/how-to-use-gmail-as-your-smtp-server-111166.php

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Tuna (tuna at supertunaman.com) (Emailias:
REPLY-MASKED) <reply-102487-f94c-plug-discuss-bounces=-
lists.plug.phoenix.az.us at emailias.com> wrote:

> Original Sender:  <plug-discuss-bounces at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
> Given To:  plug.phoenix.az.us: Phoenix Linux Users Group :: Penguins in
> Emailias:  e1-p2hc-8m8q-79xs at emailias.com
> Target:  <smartidiot at gmail.com>
> Folder:  GMail
> Preset:  GMail
> Date Created:  2004-09-21 11:36:42
> Notes:  (not yet implemented)
> <--------------------end emailias header-------------------->
>
> Joseph Sinclair wrote:
> > My bet, not knowing more about the specific setup, is that you're using
> the Cox SMTP server to send email "originating" from the GMail account.
> > Since so many spammers try to impersonate every web-based email service
> out there (ever notice how much spam claims to come from yahoo.com, but
> really routed from some random tier-3 country net?) a lot of servers reject
> any email from Yaho/GMail/MSN/etc... unless it has a valid DomainKey
> signature and routes from that service's domain.
> > The only way I know around it is to use the GMail web interface for email
> hosted on GMail.  With the stupidity of Cox blocking SMTP, it's going to get
> progressively harder to send any email unless it has your @cox.com address
> in the from field (I don't even remember what mine is!).
> > Unless/until Cox gets their collective heads out of their collective
> wallets, I don't see much in the way of options to get around that at the
> moment...
> >
> > P.S.
> > Tuna, Here's your Scooby snack...
> >

> http://cleaner.untergrund.net/display.php?amp;border=0&filename=artwork/us-ss.asc
> >

> I have a new favorite picture on the internet.
>
> Well HostGator who hosts TeensOnLinux.org and supertunaman.com
> allows SMTP through port 26 as opposed to 25, so mai Thunderbird works
> just fine!
>
> ...for now...

Justin McClure