DNS wierdness and cox communications

Matrix Mole matrixm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 11:35:47 MST 2008

Quick update on everything. I called cox around the middle of last
week. As of Friday night the internet went down completely, couldn't
reach their dns at all. They sent a tech out on Sunday who had to
bring his superviser. The supe admitted he'd had a few other cases
where the exact same thing happened, extremely slow internet, and
finally everything died on Friday night. He called their network team
(I'm guessing their NOC) and got them working on it. As of around
8-9pm last night the internet was finally working 100%. My next step
is to call their billing dept for a credit for the week that I went
without internet service (a day or two wouldn't bother me so much, an
entire week though is too much).

Matrix Mole