OT: box.net backup

Josh Coffman josh at computeristsolutions.com
Tue Aug 5 07:34:01 MST 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 12:08 AM, James Mcphee <jmcphe at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you're talking about scheduled backups to a webshare, have you checked
> out conduit?  I'm assuming your desktop is on a *nix based on the mailing
> list.
>
> http://conduit-project.org/
>

> --
> James McPhee
> jmcphe at gmail.com

  I'm dual booting so it's not always running linux. (sorry, my day &
often night job is windows based)  I was hoping I could get conduit
running on cygwin, which is what I do with fetchmail to backup gmail.
However, I see that its Gnome based so I doubt I can do it.

  Eventually, I would like to get a NAS type device running linux so I
could setup something like this as a daemon on in.  My other backup
scripts are python based so they should work fine on linux as well.
For now I just want something running on windows to backup my data.