LVM2 and resizing

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Apr 15 09:50:20 MST 2008

moin moin,

is it generally safe to resize, move, etc. an LVM partition without
unmounting the partitions on top of it?

How about resizing ext3 on the fly as well?

reiserfs? Other Free FSen?

It worked fine for me yesterday in a VM, but I wasn't really doing
anything in the VM, except playing with the LVM setup.

That situation doesn't really tell he what would happen on a real FS where
people and processes have lock files and are reading and writing files or
what a database thinks about having it's filesystem mucked with.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/        https://LOPSA.org/
#  Strangers are friends just waiting to happen!