Solaris 10

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 23:51:08 MST 2008

I have the same processor (in a gateway 5404), and it handles 32-bit
OS's without a problem.
In fact, 32-bit Vista came with it, and I had 32-bit CentOS cleanse
the partitions and create it's own home.  I haven't really noticed
much "64-bit" characteristics in it, honestly.

--Dan

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Frank Mandato <fgm1147 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>  Just a quick Question, I am in the middle of downloading Solaris10 and I am not sure that it will run as a 64 bit system. SuSE 10.3 does run as a 64 bit system on this pc.
>
>  This is the processor I have:   Processor (CPU): Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
> Speed: 2,883.97 MHz
> Cores: 2
>
>  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
>
>  FrankM

Thanks,
Dan Lund

"This day we rescue a world from mysticism and tyranny, and usher in a
future brighter than anything we can imagine."