Software Freedom Day comments From Around The World

Technomage-hawke technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 07:48:41 MST 2007

On Monday 24 September 2007 07:29, Dennis Kibbe wrote:

> "One of the biggest reasons I hear from people against switching to
> Linux is the lack of games, so we had a networked Battle for Wesnoth
> tournament - which the gamers 'loved'." Copley (a little town of 102
> people)

as far as games go, I have been messing with one MMORPG called Planeshift
(they have client software for linux, Mac OS X and Windows (ugh!).

they can be found here:
http://www.planeshift.it/

game plays pretty well and I've had fun.

warning, this does prequire a pretty powerful graphics card (NVIDIA works best
for this).

there are others (and I haven't tried them with crossover yet)