CentOS and LVM partitions

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Sep 21 15:49:46 MST 2007

Am 21. Sep, 2007 schwätzte Craig White so:

> All Red Hat based installers for quite some time (3 or 4 years IIRC)
> will default to using LVM for everything but the /boot partition. If you
> want to go without LVM, you can choose to manually configure partitions
> in the anaconda installer (and not do LVM) if that makes you feel
> better.

I'm manually partitioning in order to avoid waiting a week for the
filesystem to be created. I'll add a big /home partition after the fact.
Well, actually, I'll expand /home after the fact :).

> I don't recall ever creating another /boot partition nor ever having a
> reason to do so. What I am I missing from your question?

I'm doing some strange things such that I want a multi-boot system where
everything but swap is distinct. I'm also doing 32bit vs. 64bit, so I want
to keep the two separate.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Every person who has mastered a profession is a skeptic concerning it."
#     -- George Bernard Shaw