Presentations in Linux (live whiteboarding)

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Fri Sep 7 08:52:22 MST 2007

After a long battle with technology, Dazed_75 wrote:
> On 9/6/07, Matt Graham <danceswithcrows at usa.net> wrote:
>> The compiz "Annotate" and "Screenshot" plugins provide a way to do this
>> *if* you're running compiz-fusion.  Default keybindings:
>> Alt-Super-button1 to  draw things, Alt-Super-K to clear the screen.
>> CCSM->Extras->Annotate to change them.  There are probably similar ways to
>> do this in Beryl.  I didn't ever see anything like this for non-3D WM/DEs,

...actually, if you used xosd or something similar to do it, you could do
that.  However, I tried this a while back and got bogged down in GTK+ trying
to draw a transparent window without extensive screwing around.

> So you are saying the Alt-Super-button1 lets you use the mouse to draw
> freehand on the screen?  That Alt-Super-K clears the drawings (surely not
> the entire display)?

That's how it works from my testing.  Main problems are A) no way to change
the color B) it's hard to draw legible text with a mouse/Trackpoint.

> and the CCSM->Extras- >Annotate (a menu selection I presume) lets you change
> something though I am not sure what?

CCSM = "CompizConfig Settings Manager", the main thing you use to change the
settings in compiz.

--
   You don't change the way people think by changing what they
   say. You change the way people think with HEADLESS CHARRED BODIES