Firefox Java Plugins

Harold Michels hmichels01 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 5 13:17:10 MST 2007

Craig White sent me a procedure for activating Java in my Firefox
through the PLUG discussion board.

I would like to thank Craig and Shawn Badger for your responses. I
recognize the amount of work that went into them.

Unfortunately, in spite of following Craig's procedure  I have not
achieved a resolution.

I recognize that I have messed up several things with my installation,
starting with the way I upgraded Firefox when I first upgraded it and
them messing around with account settings in passwords and account names.

I have been intending to upgrade to Fedora Core 7 at some point.
I have decided, based partly on a gift card that I received for my
birthday, to get a copy of the Fedora Core 7 Bible with DVD and use it
to either upgrade or do a new install on my system.

That should resolve the Firefox and Java problems as well as my
inability to use the sudo command.

I know this is more than a bit of a cop out, and I will not learn how to
fix the thing, but at this point functionality is taking a higher
precedence.

Harold