Good Linux Books for Beginners

David Munson david.munson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 17:52:57 MST 2007

Thanks all. Good stuff.

The primary reason for the desire for dead tree format is because I
figured there's probably a used copy of anything out there that can be
had for less than it costs to run off a big PDF, since I no longer
have free access to a big high-end printer.

I've been looking a lot at amazon and some other sites I located
online, found a number of good references beyond what was suggested
here, including a large number of books that many people report are
"indispensible", so I should be all set.

Always welcoming more suggestions, though. :-)