back up on ext hdd

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Sat Oct 20 18:20:11 MST 2007

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 06:07:38PM -0700, Judd Pickell wrote:
> I don't know if it works the same for linux, but I have moved the user
> files from system to system which allowed me to keep my firefox and
> tbird installations the same no matter what machine I am on. I am
> guessing if you copy the .mozilla and .thunderbird files to the new
> user it should make use of them (although you might need to rename the
> id directories so they match what the current IDs for the user are.

I did this for my wife from Windows to OpenBSD and it kept her settings,
bookmarks, and even saved passwords. If *that* worked, then it should
work fine between Linux distros...

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/