Fedora Core Help

Rhune Lord rhunelord at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 07:19:23 MST 2007

Well let's see, the MCC classes are working with either Red Hat or
Fedora for their schooling so I was shooting for CentOS (Red Hat
clone) or Fedora.  So I could have an enviroment as close to school as
possible.

Any now the issue is mute as my house was robbed Friday night and my 4
notebooks, tower, Hi-Def TV, and console systems were stolen.

>  Dell is putting their machines out on the street with Ubuntu installed.

>  The Ubuntu site has directions which are cross posted on Linux Profiles on
> how to specifically install Ubuntu 7.04 on this machine. I do not know how
> this would apply to Fedora, but I would think that before you get too
> discouraged that you get the new version, preferably Ubuntu to install.

I know about the Ubuntu stuff since I work for Dell but professional
environments use Red Hat.

>  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=501195
>
>  http://www.linux-profiles.com/laptop-computer/laptop/40

Harold

Harold I did want to thank you for you help it is appreciated and I
will keep this conversation saved in the Linux label I use in GMAIL.

Later,
Brian