DSL filters

augie grayfox grayfox78 at cox.net
Tue Jun 5 16:28:34 MST 2007

On Tuesday 05 June 2007 12:00, plug-discuss-request at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
wrote:
> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 11:38:10 -0700 (MST)
> From: "der.hans" <PLUGd at LuftHans.com>
> Subject: DSL filters
> To: quatsch <PLUG-discuss at lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us>
>
> moin moin,
>
> do the filters go bad? Can the DSL signal change such that new filters
> that work on different frequencies are needed? Can the filters be damaged
> from being dropped?
>
> My phone has a buzz it used to not have.
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
Hans,
Sounds more like a short in your line than the filter going bad. Best way to
check is at the network interface ( Big Gray box ) outside your house where
Qworst brings in your phone line. Disconnect the phone jack there and plug in
your phone, if you still hear the buzz then the problem belongs to Qworst and
they have to fix it FREE! If you don't hear the buzz then you own the
problem , it's somewhere inside your house, check your phone jacks for bare
wires touching or borken  etc.
HTH
ciao,
--
	augie
grayfox78 at cox dot net

	Let me know if you don't receive this message.