security, encryption, and healthcare

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 09:46:20 MST 2007

Hi,

    I'm getting the feeling there is some momentum building in a couple IT sector: Security/Cryptography & Healthcare. I read a recent article that Red Hat is getting into Healthcare. I have a friend whose primary job is application support in the Healthcare industry. Security is always a concern in the windows world, and I have a Novell friend who's been telling me the biggest buzz he hears is Security (& healthcare).

   I like to be ahead of the curve when possible... Anyone know any good resources for those sectors? I'm more interested in the Security/Encryption arena because it plays right into my Math strengths. (And it should play a part in the healthcare arena)

TIA,
-j