it is faster....

Michael Havens bmike101 at cox.net
Sun Feb 25 15:15:10 MST 2007

Well, I was loading Mepis 6.0 with the default options and that is what was
messing things up. The default options are:

	root=dev/hda1 nomce quiet vga=normal acpi=off apm=power_off noacpi

I loaded it from the CD as as SMALL (older computer) and those options are

	init=/etc/init apm=power_off vga=normal nomce acpi=off pnpbios=off
	ide=nodma quiet xdrvr=vesa xres=800x600

I figure that the init line has to do with it being a live cd and now I know
why it thinks my video card isn't a nvidiea. That got me to thinking about
how I don't know what the options are really and that there are probably
others to optimize my system. So that is what I am asking you all about.

One final point: what would happen if I change pnpbios to on?  And how would I
put a final resolution into my boot up so I do not have to type all off the
options in?