To make sure it works.....

Michael Havens bmike101 at cox.net
Thu Feb 22 19:26:18 MST 2007

I know what I want.
ftp://ftp.wustl.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mepis/2003 (cd1 and 2)

This is the only thing that worked 100% on my system. Geting The aps of that
year is going to be a challenge. Would anyone be able to give me pointers on
finding them? I don't know what is on cd2. Supposedly 1000s of other programs
but who knows. I guess that an apt-get wouldn't work because that will try to
upgrade KDE which is what is breaking everything. I don't think ubuntu,
kubuntu, no xubuntu would work well if gnome and KDE are pretty much the same
in what they use. (xubuntu uses modern gnome and KDE applications)

I humbly entreat your assistance in this matter.

I'm all ears to other suggestions!

So this is why they put together a bunch of programs with a release of an os!
Pretty good idea.