OT: More on Bad Patents...

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 09:23:34 MST 2007

Jeff,

  This is only the tip of the iceberg.  There is, for instance, a
plant patent for a breed of corn I believe that requires a certain
kind of pesticide that also has a patent associated with it.  If this
breed of corn happens to take over your field, you can be sued by
Monsanto( or whatever company  ).  There are also people patenting
traditional herbal medicines, and some claim natural food varieties.
Its a huge IP land grab that the American public never sanctioned, and
will certainly not benefit from.

  Patents are a major problem that haven't received enough press.

 -jmz