Mesa Regal InstallFest

eculbert eculbert at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 10:31:27 MST 2007

The 'Green streets' strike again!! Hope you didn't
truly mean for those people to drive clear across town
to Greenway rd near Bell road!!

Greenfield?

Couldn't resist. Got burned into an overnight once on
a home health assignment due to that confusion when my
relief went to greenway and then basically quit rather
than drive to greenfield to relieve me...oh, did I
mention, she was scheduled for a 16 hr shift? Yep,
pulled a 32 there. Tied a piece of rope to the bedrail
and my arm so they could wake me when needed!

Nice pay check as a result!

Ed.

--- "Eric \"Shubes\"" <plug at shubes.net> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Dennis and I (mostly Dennis) did a dog and pony show
> for some members of the
> computer club at Mesa Regal (seniors' park) at
> Greenway & Main today. It
> went quite well.
>
> So well in fact that we now have a mini-installfest
> scheduled there for
> Saturday Feb 17 from 9-4 (who says seniors don't
> move fast?!). Don't know
> how 'mini' it'll be at this point, but I'm guessing
> 4-6 machines or so. Will
> have a better count as the date nears, as there will
> be a sign up sheet.
> We'll have wifi but no wired internet.
>
> I'd like them to be prepared as much as possible
> ahead of time. We're
> planning to have them run backups and defrags ahead
> of time. I'm guessing
> that most installs will be dual boot with XP,
> possibly 98. We will be
> installing the latest Ubunto (or Kubuntu if there's
> a preference).
>
> Does anyone have a copy of a data-sheet of sorts
> that has been / can be used
> to gather information about each host? CPU/ram/HD
> kind of stuff. I need it
> tonight if possible. If I don't get one, I suppose I
> can whip up something.
>
> If anyone would like to assist they're more than
> welcome to come. So far
> Dennis (I hope!) and I are the only ones committed.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> -Eric 'shubes'

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remember Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required starting about Feb 07!
http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.