css variables

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 17:46:39 MST 2007

you could make multiple CSS definitions and write class="<?php echo $variable ?>" in your html code.

Craig White <craig at tobyhouse.com> wrote: I can't find anything in w3.org specifications on stylesheets that
suggests that I can do this but is it possible to have a 'variable' that
I could substitute within a single stylesheet?

What I am looking for is to define a color - say medblue = #466AD2

and then use &medblue; or whatever to refer to it in various
classes/id's

Possible?

--
Craig White