It's now illegal to turn on your computer

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Dec 30 22:21:10 MST 2007

Am 30. Dec, 2007 schwätzte Craig White so:

> On Sun, 2007-12-30 at 22:00 -0700, der.hans wrote:
>> Am 30. Dec, 2007 schwätzte Craig White so:

>>> the filing
>>> http://www.ilrweb.com/viewILRPDF.asp?filename=atlantic_howell_071207RIAASupplementalBrief
>>
>> Section C. on page 15?
>>
>> Does that document say that the court issued a summary judgement upholding
>> Atlantic's claims?
>>
>> Does that mean the court also holds that copying the work to a more useful
>> medium violates copyright?
> ----
> no - it's a plaintiff's motion for summary judgment. Court has not
> adjudicated.

"On August 20, 2007 this Court issued an Order (Doc. No. 43) granting
Plaintiffs' Motion for Summary Judgement."

Is that about something else?

Am I now going to be sued for media shifting that sentence?

Is there anything we can do to make sure the media shifting component
doesn't get upheld?

> Interestingly previous court rulings are close to making the connection
> that the presence of both file sharing software and 'portable' format
> copyrighted files constitute infringement.

Filesharing software like SMB, NFS and FTP?

ciao,

der.hans
#  "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do
#  nothing" -- falsely attributed to Edmund Burke