Cinelerra question

Erich Newell erich.newell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 12:50:21 MST 2007

I've used Kino on several occasions for exactly this purpose. It only
works with DV format, but can import most anything that I'm aware of.
(As long as you have the appropriate codecs loaded)

If you have very unusual format needs for input / output, you could
use transcode or vlc beore / after as well.

Cheers.

On Dec 30, 2007 8:12 AM, Vaughn Treude <vltreude at deru.com> wrote:
> Erich Newell wrote:
> > I was under the impression you wanted to do some *editing*. I use VLC
> > for streaming all the time for on-the-fly video conversion and
> > streaming. Let me know the specifics and I'm sure I can nudge you in
> > the right direction.
> >
> > Just in case you want to stream HD content: you'll need to build
> > ffmpeg and vlc from cvs...otherwise, its a simple matter of selecting
> > a few flags.
> >
> > - Erich
> >

> Erich,
> Well yes, some very simple editing.  I have two video capture files.  I
> need to trim a few seconds of the beginning and and of each file, and
> then concatenate them together.
>
> Vaughn

"A man is defined by the questions that he asks; and the way he goes
about finding the answers to those questions is the way he goes
through life."