OT: Linux administration position

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 10:18:40 MST 2007

Hi,

I was offered this position but I recently landed a new position which
I start relatively soon and I wanted to pass it along.

Tell them Dan Lund sent ya! :P

here's the job description:
The ideal candidate will have experience in supporting Windows with
hands on Linux/UNIX expertise. Recent experience in a medium to large
data center operations environment is essential.

Hands on experience in one or more of the following areas is a strong
plus: UNIX OX, specifically Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Linus, specifically
Redhat. Additionally, experience in one or more of the following areas
is also recommended: Mainframe (ZOS, CICS, MQ), Remedy Problem
Management, Active Directory, Terminal Servers, Network Appliance
Filers, Citrix, DNS & WINS, Tivoli endpint monitoring, SAN, cluster
environment and TSM restores.

In general, the position will provide 1st level monitoring of
system/application alerts, perform alert triage utilizing existing
documentation and automation, create trouble tickets, install changes.

The position also requires excellent communication skills and the
ability to remain calm under pressure.

Contact Pamela Cantonwine at Sapphire Technologies
2355 East Camelback Rd Suite 435
Phoenix, AZ 85016
602-954-4044
602-954-9168(fax)
www.sapphirena.com

--
"Courage is like love; it must have hope to nourish it."
-Napoleon Bonaparte