vmware on fedora 7

Jason Hayes jason at jasonhayes.org
Thu Aug 23 06:59:57 MST 2007

Josh:

I'm not sure about the screen resolution. My screen settings have just always
cooperated, so I haven't had to fiddle with them.

I have had issues with getting my network connections to work in the past
though (both wired and wireless).

I'm real busy with work projects right now, so I don't have a lot of time to
go into details. However, the times that I did have trouble, I found out that
it had to do with setting the vmnet1 and vmnet8 protocols to "static" instead
of "none", or "dhcp".

I blogged about my Vmware issues - see http://www.jasonhayes.org/?p=1898 and
http://www.jasonhayes.org/?p=2245 (I have links in these posts to others who
had dealt with networking issues as well).

Since you're using fedora 7, your networking shouldn't be that much different
(I think) than it would be on my Mandriva system. (Mandriva was originally
based on Red Hat.)

HTH - if not try Googling around about the static IP thing to see if you can
dig up anything else.

Jason Hayes