How to get GD in my PHP

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 12:43:25 MST 2007

Hi Everyone,

I am running Fedora Core 6 with PHP Version 5.1.6 on my dev box.

I would like to use some of the image functions and in my research I find my PHP configuration is --enable-gd-native-ttf when I run phpinfo().

The manual says:

-----

   To enable GD-support configure PHP   --with-gd[=DIR], where DIR is the GD base   install directory. To use the recommended bundled version of the GD library   (which was first bundled in PHP 4.3.0), use the configure option    --with-gd.   GD library requires libpng and   libjpeg to compile.

----

I do not find --with-gd[=DIR]  in the listed config.

I do not want to recompile PHP .... It might take me a long time to get it right and I do not have the time.  Can I do an update and specify some configuration so I get what I need?  Or could I be overlooking something?

Thanks in advance your your guidance,
Keith

Keith Smith
(480) 584-4772