md5sum a dvd?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 21:11:18 MST 2006

I downloaded ubuntu-6.06.1-dvd-i386.iso and verified the md5sum against that
listed at the download site.  I then burned the DVD and got no errors.  One
nice thing ubuntu has in the 6.06 release is a menu option (on booting the
CD/DVDs) to verify the CD/DVD content.  When I tried this, it shows errors
for some files.

Surely there could be a problem with the burn, but I was wondering if there
is any way to md5sum the DVD?  The only thing I could think of is to make a
.iso from it and I do not know if that would even be expected to reproduce
the original iso and match its sum.

I realize I probably need to burn another DVD, but the question is still a
valid one.
and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss