Enterprise Linux

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Sep 20 17:14:52 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 15:04 -0700, Nathan England wrote:
> I don't need the support from RH as I have the PLUG!
> But I do need updates and such, so for now we are using FC5 but I want to move
> to something with a little more future, as it was recently shown we can't
> trust the legacy project!

----
I wouldn't necessarily use Fedora for servers (that's what I use RHEL or
CentOS for) and I would generally use a non-Enterprise Linux for the
desktop since I prefer more current applications on the desktop - i.e.
RHEL (hence CentOS) uses OpenOffice.org-1.1.5

Thus I recommend RHEL 3/4 CentOS 3/4 for servers
Fedora Core 5 for desktops

Craig