Need Help partitioning a disk for dual boot

Kenneth madhse at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 13:58:55 MST 2006

I make swap slightly larger than main memory, so there is enough for a memory
dump if I ever wanted one for debugging kernel crashes (although I've never
seen a kernel crash).  It depends on what you're doing, but I think if you
fill up swap equal to your RAM size, you will probably have a system too slow
to use anyway, so I think swap equal to ram is plenty.

Note, I have a machine with only 256MB of RAM, and I run a small apache
server, plus sshd, name server, etc. and it rarely usues more than 110k of
the swap. I should have said I use it as a desktop besides it's server
functions.