sleeping processes and swap

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Mon Nov 27 19:09:42 MST 2006

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 06:47:20PM -0700, Michael Havens wrote:
> it is always this way....

Opera is? Always using lots of cpu? That's just no good.

> how do I stop any servers from startin? I think I may have done tha when I
> put the system on this box. How do I get ALL of top to print; you know
> like a snap shot rather than a constantly running program.

Maybe someone else can spot something. I didn't see any hogs apart from
the apps you were running. You might try a more lightweight terminal
program like aterm. But really, it looked like Opera was the big hog.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |