Ubuntu 6.06.1 problems

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 15:57:01 MST 2006

Oh and Eric is right that it should just work if you have eth0 set to use
DHCP and that should have been done by the ubuntu installation (presuming it
was connected then).  I asked about it working with windows solely to verify
the DSL modem was in fact working.

On 11/8/06, Eric Shubes <plug at shubes.net> wrote:

> That should function as a DHCP server just fine.
>
> Simply configure your linux ip interface (eth0 most likely) to use DHCP
> (whatever gui configurator should do just fine), and you should be good to
> go. There is nothing 'fancy' here.
>
> P.S. You'll probably want to go into the Actiontec's configuration
> (http://192.168.1.1 most likely, or some 192.168.n.1 address - check the
> manual) and lock down the wireless portion, unless of course you want to
> share your network and bandwidth with your neighbors. I don't know if that
> model defaults to open wireless or not, but many WAPs do.
>
> Clayton Stapleton wrote:
> > The modem is Qwest supplied Actiontec GT701-WG and it is less than 6
> months old. I am not using the wireless capabilites so it is a cable
> connected to etho0.
> >
> > Thaks
> > Clay

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss