Ubuntu 6.06.1 problems

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 19:55:30 MST 2006

no Ipv6 routers is pretty normal.  Just read an article about how the US is
lagging behind much of the world in implememting IP version 6.  Don't worry
about that one.  Wish I could be more help.  I would have thought the DSL
would just work.  Does it work from Windows?

On 11/7/06, Clayton Stapleton <clay4291 at inbox.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the info.
>

> Ran pppoeconf with the following result:
>
> [NOT CONNECTED]
>
> Sorry, I scanned 1 interface but the Access Concentrator of your provider
> did not respond. Please check your network and modem cables. Another reason
> for the scan failure may be another running pppoe process which controls the
> modem.
>

> Looked at "dmesg | tail -20" and seen that "etho0: no Ipv6 routers
> present". Don't know what this means but it could be the problem. If it is I
> don't know how to fix it.
>

> Thanks
>
> Clay

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss